About UsTMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre of New Hampshire
Our Basic Philosophy and System of Treatment
Dr. Kimberly Meyer believes the conditions of the TMJ have a strong possibility of being structural when there is an absence of trauma. Traditional medicine treats symptoms and ignores the causes, therefore failing to achieve long-term results without the use of medication or surgery. At our practice, Dr. Meyer and her team will determine the emergence of the symptoms by performing a thorough diagnostic evaluation. Once the diagnosis is established, the team will focus on identifying the therapies that can rehabilitate the injured structures, such as custom orthopedic appliances (orthotics).
- An extensive evaluation and triage to pinpoint the underlying condition and determine which treatment measures will offer maximum medical improvement (MMI).
- Identification of any secondary conditions and other special concerns that could impact the MMI.
- Design of a custom treatment plan, which can include a variety of TMJ therapies, oral appliance therapy (OAT) for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), and combination treatments.
- Designing and custom manufacturing the best orthopedic appliance for the patient’s condition.
- Monitoring and managing the directed patient care for 12 to 14 weeks to meet the standard of care for TM treatment modalities and/or the maximum efficacy of OAT for OSA through timely, accurate evaluations and appropriate patient education and additional direction for:
- Compliance in appliance wear for maximum improvement
- Necessary referrals for maximum improvement
- Necessary physical medicine for maximum improvement
- Appropriate nutrition/supplement/medication for maximum improvement
- Appropriate recall evaluations for monitoring and management of patient care